CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, September 19, 2008

A whole new generation of overly polite people...





People in the past have sometimes poked fun at the fact that I say "Please" and "Thank you" a LOT. My parents raised my sister and I to have good manners, but even I can admit that sometimes I seem to be almost overly polite. I don't think it's a bad thing at all, and I would much rather have that problem than be considered rude by people.

Both Kristen and I have always stressed the importance of manners with the kids we babysit (in fact, Kristen has been dubbed the manners Nazi), and that was something that I swore I would pass onto my children as well. Apparently Bob and I are doing a pretty good job...

Bella had her 2 year check-up with the doctor today. It was the best MD appointment we have ever had with her. She was in a great mood and was chattering with the doctor the whole time. As every parent knows, the doctor is sort of a dreaded place during the early years. Almost every time kids go before age 2, they have to receive a shot. As they get older, they begin to anticipate the coming pain and resist...sometimes forcefully. Well today Bella was fortunate to only receive one injection. She was smiling at the nurse and--this is where the manners bit comes in--Thanked the nurse for giving her a shot!

I about peed my pants! Even the doctor, as we were walking out says "Well, you don't hear that every day". Needless to say, I'm not too worried about having a rude child. She truly is a joy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

haha that is too cute. i love your blog. :)