I love being a mother. There is nothing better than Lola's first smile in the morning, or Bella's hugs and kisses. I am constantly in awe of how smart both of these girls are. They teach me so much each day and I feel like I am slacking in my duties as a mom.
That said, today was a very challenging day. I spanked Bella. I am ashamed. I swore when I had kids that I wouldn't spank, pinch, etc, but how do you keep that promise when your child is biting you and literally pulls a handful of hair out of your head?!? The hardest part is, I don't think spanking made a lick of difference. She didn't even flinch. She just looked at me like "Yeah, so?". Sigh. I am at a loss. There are just some days when I wonder if I am truly cut out for this!
Enough. Tomorrow I will do better. Tomorrow will be a good day. The best part about kids is how forgiving they are. They are here to teach me patience. They are here to show me how to have a forgiving heart. They have been placed in my care and it is my duty to show them how to be good people. Why does it always feel like it's the other way around?!?
Sorry for the vent. It's just been one of those days!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
The best, but hardest, job on Earth.
Posted by Bob, Meghan, Bella, Lola, and Liam! at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Don't be too hard on yourself! I took William to storytime a few days ago and he wouldn't behave or participate properly, eventually leading to a major tantrum. It was one of those, "I'm trying to be nice to you and you are making me into one of those moms who can't control their kids" scenarios. It was embarrassing. We left, me very upset with him, and I proceeded to yell at him all the way home. It was not my proudest moment. But, alas, the day ended well and he probably didn't even remember the incident 30 minutes later. As long as they know you love them above anything else, then you are doing just fine.
Post a Comment