My dear friend, Nick Cartell was recently cast in his first Broadway show--Jesus Christ Superstar! Thanks to the generosity of my darling hubby, and wonderful friend Dana, I was able to take a trip to Boston and NYC to see him perform! What an incredible experience. I have known Nick since I was 14 years old, and have watched as he has worked his butt off for the last 15 years trying to make it to this point. I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished! He is truly a gifted performer, and is so deserving of every success that comes his way. What a joy to be able to sit in the audience and watch him perform on a Broadway stage!
I flew into Boston on Friday and Dana took me out to a lovely dinner. Saturday morning, we headed down to NYC. We had lunch and then caught the matinee of Spiderman-Turn off the Dark. The technical aspects of the show were absolutely phenomenal, as well as some of the performers. The script and music left a lot to be desired, but I am still so glad we were able to see it.
After Spiderman, we met up with Nick, his wonderful wife Christie, and some of Dana's friends for dinner before heading to see JCS. Dana, her amazing friend Michael, and I went to see the show and Nick even gave us a tour backstage. It was my first time standing on a Broadway stage. Between watching Nick perform, and the tour, I was a mess.
Ellen met up with us after the show and was able to take the backstage tour too. I headed with her back to she and Neal's apartment in Brooklyn. Neal was super sweet and had cooked us a late night dinner. It was wonderful being able to catch up with them and see where they live.
Sunday Ellen, Neal, and I headed back into the city and visited the 9/11 World Trade Center memorial. It was beautiful and moving. We spent the rest of the day walking around the city, sampling some street vendor food and hanging out in the park before meeting up with Dana so we could drive back to Boston.
It was an unforgettable trip!
Monday, July 30, 2012
Boston and NYC Getaway!
Posted by Bob, Meghan, Bella, Lola, and Liam! at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























0 comments:
Post a Comment