So now that we are officially a family of four, Bob and I have decided to work on becoming a smaller family of four! We both have put on weight since getting married and especially since having kids, and we are ready to lead a healthier lifestyle!
I'm hoping that the combination of healthier eating, exercise (just walking for me until I get the ok from the OB), and my breastfeeding will help me to lose those extra pounds I've put on over the course of two pregnancies. I'm not going to lie, I have a LOT of weight to lose. I topped out at 195 with this baby which just makes me sick to my stomach. Luckily, I didn't gain too much baby weight (only 25-30 lbs) so hopefully it will be a little easier to lose. The hard part will be losing the weight I had put on BETWEEN pregnancies. I have a goal of 140 lbs. That is my happy weight. I have never dieted in my life so I'm a little nervous about it, but I think if Bob and I do it together, we stand a much better chance at success!
I'm not going to share Bob's weight or goals, but he should have an easier time than me. He's already fairly active--he runs, does pushups, pullups, etc--and he doesn't have much weight to lose. He mostly wants to be healthier and form a little more muscle and lose a (very) little bit of flab.
Wish us luck. I plan on embarrasing myself into weight loss by posting my weight each week. I figure it will hold me accountable and make me stick to it. Here's hoping and Happy New Year!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Biggest Loser: Pemberton Edition
Posted by Bob, Meghan, Bella, Lola, and Liam! at 7:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Good for you! Good luck! If you need any tips or advice or even words of encouragement, let me know. I can't exercise, so I have to live vicariously through my friends! :)
Post a Comment