![]() |
| Lola sleeping in the ER after having all her tests done. |
Well I have to say, Lola knows how to keep things interesting. After feeling relieved on Friday night thinking we had successfully avoided illness in our 2-week-old, Lola started coughing. Sigh. By Saturday morning, she was extremely congested and having trouble breathing. We called the pediatrician who told us to keep a close eye on her and if her condition worsened, to take her into urgent care. My Mom and Kristen had taken Bella to see "The Lion King" and so Bob and I decided to go and see a movie. Twice during the movie it took Lola about 30 seconds after a coughing/choking fit to start breathing. Needless to say, we were off to urgent care. After observing her for about 2 minutes, they sent us to the children's hospital at Banner Desert Medical Center. The ER doc seemed optimistic that she only had a cold but ran an RSV test just in case. Guess what Lola had?!? We were immediately admitted to the hospital due to her age and the fact that she was having such trouble breathing. We spent 3 days there with Lola receiving deep suctioning treatments (they stick a small catheter up the nose and remove any mucus plugging up the airway) and monitoring her oxygen levels. She was finally released on Tuesday and seemed to be okay. We had a follow-up appointment with the doctor this morning and it wasn't great news. She apparently is getting worse, not better and the virus has moved to her lungs...lovely. He left me by saying to follow my gut and take her to the ER if I have the feeling that I should. We are taking her back for another check-up in the morning and hopefully will have better news. I really don't want to end up back in the hospital. It was hard on all of us--especially Bella. She didn't understand why Mommy and baby Lola just disappeared suddenly and she couldn't visit her sister. It was really sad. Please pray Lola gets better soon so we can remain home as a family and nurse her here!


1 comments:
Oh my is right! I hope poor little Lola gets better soon!
Post a Comment