Keeping with the "What I'm thankful for" posts, I wanted to share my friend Katie's story today. Her son, Jake, is a month younger than Bella and was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of brain cancer called AT/RT at 13 months. This time last year, Katie and her husband Al were planning Jake's funeral all while Katie was pregnant with their daughter, Addyson. I am thrilled to say that a year later, Jake is CANCER FREE!!! Please watch this video and hear them tell their story. I cry every single time I think about it, so have the tissues handy!
Little boy understands true meaning of thanksgiving
I am so grateful for my two precious girls! I am grateful that they are healthy and happy. I am in awe the grace and strength that Katie, Al, and the Bonds and Dambrauskas families showed during this terrible time. They are truly inspirational!
Monday, November 23, 2009
An amazing story about an amazing family!
Posted by Bob, Meghan, Bella, Lola, and Liam! at 6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment