I know I have mentioned her before, but I love reading Stephanie Nielson's blog, the NieNie Dialogues. She is such an inspiring person. A couple year ago, She was severely burned when the plane her husband was piloting caught on fire. She has endured countless surgeries, pain, depression, embarrassment, and still manages to have a sense of humor about what happened to her. This is an excerpt from her blog this morning talking about going through security at the airport.
"As I piled pillows into my chokey "pile" I thought about teasing Mr. Nielson that I hated going through all the security junk and the worst part for me is taking off my shoes.
Then I smell it.
The smell of stinky feet. Its awful (but I am sure glad we are safe, no really I am).
I told Mr. Nielson very matter-of-fact that I really think he should get his own pilots license so we could just skip all this junk. Then we laughed. (yes, I can joke about it now).
****
Then I remembered that I got pulled aside because they suspected me of having C-4 in my bag. Like I'd blow up a plane. That already happened to me and it was crap. I'd never do it again.
Then the TSA lady kept telling me how much she hated matches.
She went on and on and at the end, all I could say was-
"Me too" because I do..like a lot.
And that was all."
I needed that this morning. I needed to remember that, even on our worst days, there is still something to laugh about. Because really, what can be worse than an airport security guard suspecting a severely burned woman of blowing up a plane?! I mean, really?!? That's just insanity. I need to be better about counting my blessings, remembering why I am here, and where I am going, and I need to have a sense of humor about it all.
I love all of you. Thank you for being so kind, loving, and supportive. I am such a lucky girl!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Finding Humor in Life
Posted by Bob, Meghan, Bella, Lola, and Liam! at 6:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment