CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Blog, My Words, My Choice

Some days when I'm blogging, I get a bit anxious about writing something that may offend someone. I routinely edit what I write to make sure that it will not upset, bother, offend, annoy, etc. I don't publish anything controversial for fear that people will disagree with me.

That is going to change.

Now, I'm am certainly not saying that I will write anything to purposely stir the pot, but I have come to the realization that this is MY blog, and I should be able to post what I want on it. That probably sounds narcissistic, but it is not intended to be. I have simply decided that if people don't like what I write, they don't have to follow my blog. It's as simple as that.

I have a girlfriend that I have known since high school who's family blog I follow. You can read her blog here Her name is Jody and she is a wonderful, smart, and caring person. She had a beautiful baby boy just under a year ago and in that time has posted several things about her parenting choices. Jody is a great Mom. She makes parenting decisions after thorough research, thought and prayer. That being said, when she started posting these things, I didn't always agree with her. I found myself getting offended by the things she was writing. Then, you know what? I just decided to stop reading those particular posts. It is Jody's blog. She can write whatever she desires. I was the problem, not Jody. I still read the vast majority of her posts. I love hearing about her adorable little family, her delicious recipes, and her posts about Faith. She is truly an outstanding person--and a great writer to boot! I just choose not to read things that may get me worked up over a difference of opinion.

So get ready for a new Meghan. It's time that I don't worry so much about offending others and start writing what I care about. This is me, no holds barred. If you have a problem with what I write, feel free to post a comment, or just stop reading, your choice. Just know that this is my blog, my words, my choice.

3 comments:

marry said...

amen!

Tiffany said...

I totally know what you mean. I do the same thing. But I agree with you completly. I need to start doing that too after all it is my blog and if you don't like it don't read it.

Heather Neese said...

Good for you Meghan. You are a great human being and I love you.