CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, October 25, 2010

Random Mutterings of a Pregnant Woman

I spent the better part of last night sleeping on the couch.  I say the better part not just because I spent more time there than I did in bed (though I did), but also because the couch vastly improved my quality of sleep.  I love sleeping on the couch while I'm pregnant.  There is no husband to be awoken by my constant tossing and turning, no snoring coming from said husband, back support provided by the back of the couch and, as an added bonus, the family room is usually infinitely cooler than our bedroom so my poor hubby doesn't have to wear a winter coat to bed when I sleep out there.

Sleep.

I can't seem to get enough of it this pregnancy.  I know that probably has to do with chasing around a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old while growing another small person, but it's frustrating.  There is so much I want to do, so much that needs to be done, and I don't have the energy for it.  I actually fell asleep in the back room at work on Saturday afternoon which, to be fair, is my normal naptime with the girls.  I vote that we follow Spain's example and schedule a siesta in every afternoon.  Oh how it would make life easier!

Other than the sleep factor, this pregnancy seems to be going pretty well.  Bob and I's date night last weekend was cut a bit short when I began to feel contractions regularly and, after a quick talk with the on-call nurse, was sent to be monitored at the hospital.  OB nurses always make me laugh.  They couldn't find anything on the monitor and she kept asking me "Are you sure you're feeling contractions"?  My response was "Yes dear, this is not my first time to the rodeo.  I have two more of these at home..."  She checked my cervix and everything looked good, so we were sent home.  Hey, it's not a great date night in the Pemberton household unless someone ends up in the hospital, right?

I shall end this post with a photo of our darling toddler after she decided that coloring on paper is for wussies.  The true artists use their bodies as canvasses.  *side note:  I hope this is not indicative of future artistic leanings*

1 comments:

Jeni said...

Love it! our couch isn't comfortable enough to sleep on so I had to deal with the wiggling hubby! You are so cute and I am missing kissing on your sweet girls! Call me so we can get together soon! :):):)