CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy 6 Week Birthday Liam!

Yesterday was Liam's 6 week birthday.  I finally have a minute to sit down and write when I am a)conscious and b)not super distracted by my children.  These have become my criteria for most things lately.  It's amazing how much more time and energy 3 children require as opposed to 2--even though Liam is a super mellow baby.  It seems as if the girls have become exponentially more demanding over the last few weeks, or maybe it's just that there is less attention to spread around so I notice it more.  Either way, it's draining.

Liam is a sweet, lovable little boy.  He is HUGE!  I'll be interested to see how much weight/length he has gained when we go to his 2 month checkup.  It seems that all he does is eat.  He seemed to go through a growth spurt last week where he was eating 4-6 oz every 2 hours.  He couldn't eat enough!  Just this week he has really started smiling.  His favorite recipient is Bella.  He just adores her.  It makes me smile.  He still seems a little wary of Lola, but I can't blame him.  She is consistently trying to shove things in his mouth, get in his face, hug him, etc.  I think he gets a little overwhelmed by her.  She just has a ton of love to give him!  Liam is finally starting to coo as well.  It's a nice change from the constant grunting!

Life here has definitely been crazy.  Between all the blood pressure garbage with me, and a lovely battle with a stomach bug that Lola and I fought, it's been a long few weeks.  I know that every time you have a baby it's exhausting, but this has definitely been my toughest transition.  I just don't feel like I'm on top of anything.  My house is in shambles, I've cooked about 2 meals in 6 weeks, and I'm lucky if my kids leave the house clean with shoes on.  My emotions have been haywire this time too.  I had experience post partum depression with Bella and was doing pretty well with this one until about 3 weeks ago.  It seems like my spirits just plummeted overnight.  Come to find out yesterday that depression is one of the side effects of the blood pressure medication my OB put me on.  She took me off of it yesterday so hopefully that, combined with my happy pills, will resolve it quickly!

We really are loving life with Liam here.  He brings us so much joy.  In fact, after declaring through my entire pregnancy that this was DEFINITELY my last child, I began to feel differently once he was here.  Bob was hopeful for a couple of weeks until all of the blood pressure issues.  Now I'm certain that I won't risk being there for my 3 precious kiddos just to have another one.  Silly as it seems, I feel like I'm mourning the loss a little bit.  It's been a bit tougher to swallow than I had anticipated.  I'm just focusing on the joy that my kiddos bring and I am so thankful that we got everything under control so I can be here for them for a long, long time!

Alright, the quiet moment has passed and it's time to get Bella from preschool.  Off on another adventure!

1 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your kiddos. I really wish I was next door or just down the street so I could help anytime you needed it!! Call if you ever need anything or just to cry or talk!!! Love you girl!