CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Perspective

Some days I feel sorry for myself. I try hard not to, but every once in awhile, my inner pessimist gets the best of me. I find it hard to see the bright side of things. I often feel that my life consists of laundry, cooking, caring for kids, driving, and work, and I only do a mediocre job at each! On those days I find it helpful to count my blessings. To remember all that my Heavenly Father has given me.

Today is one of those days. I started having a little pity party when I looked around my house and see the disaster it has become. When I realize that my husband will be working late all this week and I will be a single parent... Then I read a post from a blog I like to follow. It is written by a woman named Stephanie Nielson who suffered a horrific plane crash with her husband. She and her husband were badly burned and she has had countless reconstructive surgeries to repair her tissue and make her body function again. Her blog is http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

Today it was just what I needed to remind me of how good I have it. I am blessed with an amazing husband who works hard so that our family can live in a beautiful home and have food on our table. I have two beautiful, healthy daughters who make me smile, laugh (sometimes pull out my hair), and feel overwhelming love each and every day. I have an incredible family, immediate and extended, who are kind, supportive and loving. I have a beloved Father in Heaven who has a plan for me that includes challenges, but also blessings beyond my imagination.

And I am grateful.

0 comments: