CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Zen and the art of laundry upkeep...

Let me begin by saying I have never been a laundry person. When I lived at home with my parents, I would routinely allow my laundry to pile up and, with no responsibilities to speak of, buy a new outfit when I ran out of clean clothes. When Bob and I first got married, I was an excellent housewife. I cooked, I cleaned, I even kept up on the laundry. Well, the years (months, really) slipped by and I let the facade of domesticity slip little by little until two children later I have allowed our laundry to pile up so much that I have 4 baskets of laundry to do. That's right 4 BASKETS!

How did this happen? I never cease to be amazed by the amount of clothing just one baby can go through, let alone that combined with a preschooler and two sometimes sloppy parents!

Well, to honor the mound of laundry I have washed, dried, folded and put away today, I am embracing a new attitude about laundry. A more "zen" approach, if you will.

Reasons to celebrate laundry:

1. When the dryer runs all day, there is no need to turn the heat on. You kill two birds with one stone. See, laundry can be "green" too!

2. No need for air freshener as my entire house now carries the aroma of Tide and Downey, with just a hint of bleach.

3. In fact, I might as well save my perfume for the day, too.

4. As I Mom, I can avoid planning outings for an entire day because I already know what I will be spending my time on.

5. In substitution for the lack of outings, I will provide my children with mountains of folded laundry that they can then pull of the couch, unfold, and sully at their leisure.

6. While folding, I am furthering my hand/eye coordination skills.


So, did you buy it? No? Me either. Laundry still stinks! Now stop blogging, Meg and get back to work!

5.

0 comments: