CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shopping Trials...

So today I decided to be ambitious and make dinner and dessert for my amazing husband. Of course, we didn't have any of the necessary ingredients at our house so I had to load up both girls and head out to Frys. Fortunately half way there I realized today is the first Wednesday of the month which means Senior Discount Day at Frys. I promptly made a detour to Walmart to avoid the impending frustration of dealing with people who triple check their receipts while holding up the seventeen people behind them in line.

As I'm getting ready to get the girls into the shopping cart, I realize Lola's bottle has spilled milk all over her nice, clean outfit. New Clothes. We head into the store and I try to avoid the aisles that have items Bella may find the need to sneak into our cart. I am unsuccessful.

Finally, it's time to check out. I laugh as a couple next to me wavers between my line and the one beside me, counting items in our carts. Apparently they don't have children and therefore do not realize that it automatically takes me longer because I am fighting with my 3 year old while trying to load stuff onto the conveyor belt. They also apparently don't realize that said 3-year old has stolen my debit card so I am in fact paying by check today aka the slowest method of payment known to man.

It's finally our turn and I am totally prepared. I have filled out my check in advance so I don't have to slow down the line, I have loaded everything onto the conveyor belt. I am ready!

Then the check machine breaks.

I sit there beet red as the cashier tries to figure out why it's not working, calls over her supervisor, and they both start pushing random buttons. All the while Bella is yelling out "Save money. Live better. Walmart!" at the top of her lungs. They finally get it to work...and I find a can of beans that Lola has been hiding so I haven't paid for.

I am never shopping again.

1 comments:

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

i LOVE this story, thanks for sharing, and im sorry it was crazy. I feel your pain. it is nice to know though we aren't the only people in the world who deal with his A LOT!