CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Funny, funny kids...

Well, we're still settling in over here a chateau Pemberton.  We have unpacked quite a few boxes, but we're certainly not completely settled in yet.  We love our new home.  I have a hard time remembering how we managed in such a small space in our old house.  The best benefit of the new house is that Lola has her own room now, and is no longer our little Harry Potter baby living in the closet!


A couple funny stories...


Yesterday morning, as I was checking my email, Lola walks over picking at her nose.  This isn't too unusual.  She's finally discovered that it's pretty much the perfect size for her finger to fit.into.  Anyway, I looked up into her nose and noticed that she had a pretty ginormous booger that she was trying to remove.  I, being the dutiful mother with a stomach of steel, decided to try and help her evacuate her nose.  As I'm trying to get the booger out, it moves....up further into her nasal cavity.  Upon closer inspection, I discover that it is not a booger, but in fact some sort of foreign object that my darling toddler has shoved up there.  Realizing that there is nothing immediate I can do to help her, and hoping she sneezes whatever it is out, I walk over to the kitchen.  It is there that I see the bag of unpopped popcorn kernels on the floor.....open.  Awesome.  After a slightly panicked phone call to my mother, and assurances that she would either try to remove it, or take Lola to the MD, Lola sneezes it out.  Phew!  I am the mother of the year.


A slightly less "exciting" story from this morning comes from our darling Bella.  She was up rather early apparently inspecting the kitchen while I slept.  Of course she notices the apple turnovers that her crazy pregnant mother purchased at the store last night, and proceeds to tell me "Mommy, I was wondering....I was out in the kitchen and I saw there were apple crisps and I said to my tummy "Tummy, would you like an apple crisp?" and it did!"  I about peed my pants I was laughing so hard!  Quite the wakeup call!


Never a dull moment in our house!

1 comments:

Jeni said...

silly little girls!!!