You know what's a really strange thing to dread? My post-baby hospital stay. I mean, I like being where all the handy medical professionals are and everything, but I'm not such a big fan of all the poking and prodding they do. I also don't really like having to keep track of every time my baby eats, burps, pukes, poops, etc. Dumb, I know, but that's what I'm thinking about this morning--a full 6-7 months before I have to go through it.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
haha... I'm one of the weirdos that actually looks forward to it. Several days of just lying there and resting! Although, I was certainly ready to get out of there by day 4.
I look forward to being without the other kids for a little bit but I never sleep as well there as I do at home, even if they keep the baby during the night!
Well, you probably already can guess what my comment would be to this post...
You don't have to let them poke and prod. Simple as that. That's all I'll say. :)
So excited for you and little wee bub in your belly!
Jody, I do plan on being better educated and prepared this time. I'm hoping to avoid a lot of what makes the hospital so uncomfortable. I know that I am not comfortable with a home birth--not only because I enjoy the benefits of an epidural, but because we live so far from any hospital or place of medical care, that we would not be able to get somewhere fast enough were complications to arise.
Oh, I wasn't implying you should consider a home-birth at all! Just that you can tell those nurses to leave you the heck alone. :)
Post a Comment